In the past, designers had limited options when it came to professional graphic design tools. However, the present offers a plethora of graphic design software options and tools catering to various graphic design requirements.
To assist you in finding the most suitable solution for your needs, we have compiled a list of the leading graphic design apps and tools. This compilation involves comparing aspects such as pricing, operating platforms, and key features, as well as the pros and cons of each tool.For individuals aspiring to delve deeper into graphic design and master tools like Adobe Photoshop, exploring educational opportunities like Graphic Design Courses In Chennai can provide valuable insights and hands-on experience to enhance their creative skills.
Graphic Design Apps & Tools To Try
Adobe Illustrator is widely regarded as the definitive vector graphics software, setting the industry standard for professionally crafted logos, artwork, infographics, and icons. Constantly evolving, Illustrator introduces new features to users. For instance, the Generative Recolor tool harnesses the power of AI, allowing users to explore boundless color palettes and themes.
However, for organizations or individuals with limited budgets, Adobe might not be the most suitable option. Although the software offers a seven-day free trial, it necessitates users to provide credit card details and select a subscription plan for after the trial period. The annual plan is priced at $20.99 per month, while the monthly plan costs $31.49. For those looking for more budget-friendly alternatives or exploring software for Android development, considering educational opportunities like Android Training In Bangalore can provide cost-effective and valuable insights into app development for the Android platform.
- Image Trace: Automatically detect and simplify art, remove image colouring, and minimise anchor points for easier tracing.
- Retype: Identify unfamiliar fonts from artwork and use them instantly in your designs.
- Artwork export: Export graphic designs as a WebP image for website and app use.
- Hand lettering: Digitize freehand fonts.
- Retain PDF hyperlinks: Export graphic designs as a PDF without eliminating links.
- Seamlessly integrates with other Adobe editing tools.
- Option to start from scratch or use a template.
- Wide array of vector design tools.
- Versatile in creating graphic designs.
- Supports various file formats.
- Demands significant system resources.
- Expensive subscription plans.
- Steep learning curve.
- Complex file management.
- Limited photo editing capabilities.
- Platform: Windows, Mac, iPad, Android
Affinity Designer presents an excellent option for personal projects or novice graphic designers, owing to its user-friendly interface. It stands as a strong competitor to Adobe Illustrator, offering a similar array of design tools and convenient features such as customizable keyboard shortcuts that save time and effort. This software is ideal for designers seeking a cost-effective tool that doesn’t compromise on functionality.
Affinity Designer provides a 30-day free trial, after which users are required to make a one-time payment to continue using the platform. The cost is $69.99 for Mac OS and Windows and $18.49 for iPad. For individuals interested in mastering UI/UX design tools like Affinity Designer, exploring educational opportunities such as UI UX Design Course in Chennai can provide structured guidance and hands-on experience to enhance their skills in creating user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces.
- Colour management: supports a number of common formats, such as RGB for digital designs and CMYK for print designs.
- Timesaving tools: Features grids, guides, and other tools to streamline graphic design projects.
- One-time purchase: No subscription fees required.
- Zoom: Allows for a 1,000,000% zoom for precise designing and editing.
- X-ray view: Offers the ability to examine the structure of your work for more accurate projects.
- Unlimited artboards
- Less resource-intensive
- Affordable pricing
- Easy setup
- Combines raster and vector workspaces in one program
- Exceptional customer service
- Complex onboarding and installation documentation
- No cloud services
- Steep learning curve
- Platform: Windows, Mac, iPad
Procreate is a graphic design software marketed as a comprehensive art studio exclusively tailored for iPad with Apple Pencil support. With a one-time purchase of $12.99, users can explore 3D painting, leverage advanced brush control, and import and export PDFs. Distinguishing itself from competitors, Procreate’s design tools allow users to work in 3D and preview their creations in real-time using augmented reality (AR). Procreate serves as an ideal starting point for individuals interested in experimenting with animation. For those looking to expand their graphic design skills and explore advanced tools like Procreate, educational opportunities such as Graphic Design Courses In Bangalore can offer structured guidance and insights into mastering creative software for various design applications.
- Editing tools: Provides access to 200 customizable brushes.
- Color management: Facilitates an intuitive selection of complementary colors and incorporates a ColorDrop tool for fill.
- Finishing filters: Enables seamless image management for achieving the desired aesthetic.
- One-time purchase: No in-app purchases required.
- Hover features: Includes Brush Cursor, Gallery Previews, Selections, and Brush Size and Opacity Gestures.
- Extensive tutorial library
- User-friendly interface
- Apple Pencil support
- Capability to import Photoshop brushes
- Absence of a free version
- Limited layering capabilities
- Platform: iPad
Adobe Photoshop has maintained its position as the industry standard for desktop publishing. Graphic designers favor it for its extensive array of image editing tools, catering to both beginners and professionals with its user-friendly interface and a wealth of well-crafted tutorials. This graphic design software empowers users, offering control over various aspects ranging from canvas size to artistic filters.
Similar to Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop provides a seven-day free trial. Following the trial period, the software costs $20.99 per month. For users seeking access to the complete suite of Adobe tools, the Creative Cloud option, priced at $54.99 per month, grants access to Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and more.For individuals interested in delving into cloud computing and mastering platforms like AWS, exploring educational opportunities such as AWS Training in Chennai can provide valuable insights and hands-on experience in utilizing cloud services for diverse applications.
- Time-saving features: Facilitates workflow streamlining through batch operations and automation scripts.
- Generative fill: Allows the use of text prompts for generating designs and ideas.
- Collaboration features: Enables effective management of feedback and editing permissions.
- Intuitive editing features: Includes simple layers, selection tools, and masking.
- A vast collection of templates, icons, movies, fonts, and stock photos.
- Smooth interaction with additional Adobe applications.
- support for JPG and PNG, among other file formats.
- Costly pricing plans.
- Demands substantial system resources.
- Exhibits slow load times.
- Platform: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android